Saturday 3 January 2015

Cafe Turtle

LOCATION: Shop 23, 1st & 2nd Floor, Khan Market, New Delhi

“Happy Place” is familiarized with the notion of a place that, in short, just makes us happy. Sometimes, you just need to break to a place you love, a place to get away from everything. Place which is for smiles, explicitly for our smile. A place where perturbation of Law School, sirens, deadlines, "Mommmmmmmyyyy" all evanescence. Where you can just sit and be content with where you are in that moment and not wanting to leave for many moments to come.

This small, not so stuffy cafe is my Happy Place.

Amidst, adjusting in law school, being in co-ed environment for the first time, figuring out that will the decision of leaving NIFT and joining Jamia be in my best interest and first encounter with “Dilli ki Sardi”, I inadvertently found this place. Vividly remembering my first step, it was love at first bite. The first floor of the cafe is a bookstore owned by my phuphu’s friend, thus entitling me to a discount of 20% :D. The second floor is where the café is situated. The ambience of this place is captivating. The place is an ideal spot for book lovers, thinkers and people who love to introspect. No words can describe the warmth, which it inculcates in your mind and soul.

There is nothing I dislike about this place, the food (vegetarian :/ ) is amazing, the décor is simple with green being the dominant colour. The staff lets you have your “me” time and is friendly, they understand that this is the kind of place where people like to sit with a cup coffee and a book and they give them peace they deserve.

I highly recommend the readers to try their coffee and cakes. Their afters are similar to the comfort cakes and puddings which your mother makes; not over the top sweet and fancy but are still PERFECT.

So, if you ever have the chance of shopping at Khan Market or just want inner peace, visit this place. I assure you you’ll fall in love with this café as I did.

Overall Rating: 4.5/5

Ambience: 5/5
Food: 4/5
Service: 5/5
Price: 4/5 (Pricy because of Khan Market)



 Picture courtesy: Google Images


2 comments: